500 years of history
A Tower & the sea
Back in XVI Century La Spagnuola was one [of the six Legino towers] used to defend against Turkish attacks. The tower was armed with cannons to fight against naval Commader Dragut, Algeri Viceroy and Lord of Tripoli between 1530 and 1565.
Over the centuries, La Spagnuola was transformed in the Gentilitial Palace that hosted rank figures as the Naples Viceroy, Count of Oñate, in 1653 as well as Napoleon and his Generals in 1796.
The traditional masses dedicated to Holy Mother of Lourdes
Since 1893, every year the Chapel of La Spagnuola hosts three days of celebration of masses for the Holy Mother of Lourdes.
The two world wars never interrupted the tradition that brings together the Family and the Savona community. Also this year in September, we celebrated the three day masses and rosaries in this Chapel.
Built in 1885, the Chapel contains a stone from the Lourdes grotto that was donated from the Bishop of Lourdes to the Family.
…Today, in the same palace rooms & gardens La Spagnuola can host wedding and events of up to 250 people…
History, 150 years old trees and direct access to the Riviera Sea are combined to offer guests an elegant location for magical weddings and successful corporate events.
Contact us for a visit